To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dolphins at daybreak by Mary Pope Osborne

Osborne, M. P. (1997). Dolphins at Daybreak (Magic Tree House, No. 9) (A Stepping Stone Book(TM)). New York: Random House Books for Young Readers. 
 The Magic Tree House Series stars Jack and Annie, their magical tree house, and Morgan le Fay. The story lines of the stories take Jack and Annie on a series of adventures. These adventures lead jack and Annie all over the world. They search for answers in the riddles, left by Morgan. I read Dolphins at Daybreak. This setting of this takes place at the beach, specifically at the coral reaf.  Jack and Annie wander looking for clues to solve their riddle. They come upon a mini-sub, which they take to explore the Ocean bottom. There they discover dolfins, Octopus, and Hammer head sharks. Upon returning to the Coral Reef, Jack and Annie are escaping from the shark, and after their mini-sub fails them, they are carried to safety by the dolphins. Once back on land, they continue searching for the clues to their riddle, only to find it was right on the Coral Reef the entire time.

I really enjoy reading the Magic Tree House Series and it has been a classic in my classroom for many years. I especially enjoy how Mary Pope Osborne is able to tie lessons and facts to make her books a learning experience too.

Mary Pope Osborn chooses the right words to make her stories believable and the adventures exciting. She also uses Dialogue between between Jack and Annie, so the reader can relate to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment