To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

So You Want to be President by Judith St. George

George, J. S. (2004). So You Want to be President? Revised and Updated Edition (Rev Upd ed.). New York: Philomel.

 So You Want to be President is a book filled with insignificant but rather interesting facts about past presidents. It starts off with all the If you want to be president then..... and goes on to list things that you have no control over, such as your name, where you were born, how many siblings you have, and many more philosophical nonsense, that would improve your odds of becoming president. This story doesn't fit a 6 step plot because it mixes humor with facts, thus engaging the reader to find out more about our past presidents.

The illustrations are drawn in a characture style and definitely add to the flavor of the story.Without a doubt, illustrator David Small reinforces the text on every page.

No comments:

Post a Comment