To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats

Keats, E. J. (1976). The Snowy Day. New York City: Puffin.

Ezra jack Keats tells a wonderful story of a little boy named Peter an his adventures on a cold snowy day. I enjoyed reading this book and thought of my own children who have never really played, or seen for that matter, snow. Peter enjoyed making footprints in the snow, snow angels, and a snowman. I liked the part when Peter put a snow ball in his pocket only to find it melted when he went back to get it before going to bed - it shows the real child in him.    The illustrations in this Caldecott award book are simple, yet drawn almost through the eyes of Peter.




No comments:

Post a Comment