To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak

Sendak, M. (1988). Where the Wild Things Are (25th Anniversary ed.). New York: Harper Collins.


Max is a typical boy who is very creative and very busy. The story takes place initially at his home, but as his imagination begins to grow, he becomes thrusted into the center of the forest, where the wild things are. While there, he befriends wild animals and he becomes their King. He enjoys playing with them and having fun. But, he begins to miss being home. He misses the smell of freshly cooked food, and so the story ends. Max leaves his wild beasts and travels back to his home, ready for a good meal. The illustrations perform several functions in this book.

The illustrations help define and develop exactly what type of individual Max is. But the illustrations also reinforce the text, helping the reader draw a very vivid picture of the story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment