To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pirates by David L. Harrison

Harrison, D. L. (2008). Pirates. London: Wordsong.


I really enjoyed reading this Bluebonnet nominee because it read like a poem, but through the time line of a story. The author wrote this story from the perspective of pirates getting ready for a mission and all the events that go into getting the crew and ship ready. However, rather than use a story line, Mr. Harrison writes in poetic tones and each part of the "job" is written in poem. By writing in this format, the reader is able to draw very clear and vivid pictures of the story line.

The illustrations add a tremendous depth to this book. They are drawn in very clear detail defining and developing the characters in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment