To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

 

Stead, R. (2009). When You Reach Me. New York: Wendy Lamb Books

I enjoyed reading this book and I think it soon will be on my list of "classics". This is a Newberry winner and I love how Rebecca Stead intertwined "A Wrinkle in Time" into the story line- I guess because I read Wrinkle in Time, I was able to really understand and relate to Miranda, as she conquered her role. Rebecca Stead did a great job using voice and setting to make this book believable through the eyes of young readers. I also think one of the things that really struck me about this book, are the details that surround Miranda and the fact that the events could really happen - like a realistic fiction story, that young readers would be able to relate too.


No comments:

Post a Comment