To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Arrorro, Mi Nino Latino Lullabies and Gentle Games by Lulu Delacre

Larcre, L. D. (2004). Arrorro Mi Nino: Latino Lullabies and Gentle Games (Pura Belpre Honor Book. Illustrator (Awards)) (1 Blg ed.). New York: Lee & Low Books.
Arrorro, Mi Nino is a Pura Belpre Honor Book. Just as the title says, its filled with lullabies to sing for babies, and gentle hand games to play with your baby. I enjoyed reading and learning more about the Latino Culture. Each page has a Spanish lullaby and the translated English Version right next to it.  This book is beautifully written as Lulu DeLarcre shares her customs through the collection of poetic lyrics. The end of the book has the music to accompany the beautifully collection of lullabies that she shares. The illustrations are very colorful and give more depth the the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment