To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Down, Down, Down by Steve Jenkins

Jenkins, S. (2009). Down, Down, Down: A Journey to the Bottom of the Sea. Cookery: Houghton Mifflin Books For Children.

Based on the cover alone, I probably would never have picked this book. However, I found this easy read, non-fiction book, to be fascinating and filled with a plethora of information about what's inside our oceans - those bodies of water that cover more than 2/3 of our Earth's Surface. Steve Jenkins does a great job at presenting the information, and the illustrations are great.  This Most Notable Children's Book should be a staple in the library and/or any classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment