To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dying to Meet You: 43 Old Cemetery Road by Kate Klise

Klise, K. (2010). Dying to Meet You: 43 Old Cemetery Road: Book One. New York: Sandpiper. (Original work published null)

What an interesting story!This story is told primarily through letters written between Mr. Grumply, Seymour Hope, Anita Sale, E Gadds, and Page Turner, although Professor and Mrs. Hope and Frank N. Beans have minor communications. I thought this book we very funny and I caught myself laughing out loud, especially in the beginning of the book. The storyline got a bit more serious towards the middle and ending of the book, but kept me interested. It's a good thing Seymour and Mr. Grumply have someone like Olive around.  This is a good clean book I would encourage anyone to read. I like that it is a series book, as well as, a Bluebonnet Award Nominee.

No comments:

Post a Comment