To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Anything But Typical by Nora Baskin

Baskin, N. R. (2010). Anything But Typical. New York: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing.

I really enjoyed reading Anything But Typical and learning a little bit of what life is like as Jason. As I try to relate him to my life, I can completely understand his social inequalities and his new found safety nets on the internet, as he writes his stories on the storyboard.  Sometimes our society focuses too much on the physical characteristics of a person, that one cannot get in and really learn the good of people. In this Notable Children's Book Award, Nora Baskin hits the nail on the head when Jason must decide if he should meet Pheonix in person, or continue what he feels most safe doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment