To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

To Kill a Mockingbird

Lee, Harper. To Kill a Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition. Anv ed. New York: Harper, 2010. Print.

I really enjoyed reading this book, again. It's been many, many years since I read it and I was motivated again to read it after going to ALA and sitting in on an interview with the director of an upcoming documentary, paying tribute to the anniversary of To Kill a Mockingbird.  Reading this as an adult, I have a much stronger and deeper sense of satisfaction and understanding, then when I read it as a teenage. Probably because I have life experiences now and I can better relate, or rather understand the struggles that Atticus faced, as well as, the actions of Scout. I can understand why this book is challenged: the language is less than desireable. However, language and vocabulary make the book! Thanks for allowing me an opportunity to read it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment