To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary

Cleary, B. (1990). Beezus and Ramona. New York: HarperTrophy.

What a neat series New York Times Best Seller. I can't wait to get my hands on more Ramona books. I enjoyed reading this clean, funny, and very enlightening adventure between Beezus ( Beatrice) and her sister Ramona. As I read each chapter, I continued to have vivid pictures of the events between these 2 girls, because I've been there.... My own girls are just like Beezus and Ramona, competing with each other and always the scowl when the older one needs to look after, or even be nice, to the younger sister. Beverly Clearly has written this as a classic that continues to be a good, appropriate read for children of all ages. One more note: This summer Beezus and Ramona was made into a movie. My husband took my daughters this summer, now I think its my turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment