To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Eidi by Bodil Bredsdorff

Bredsdorff, B. (2009). Eidi: The Children of Crow Cove (The Children of Crow Cove Series). New York: Farrar, Straus And Giroux (Byr).

This is the 2nd book in the series The Children of Crow Cove, and as such the first couple of chapters were confusing, as I was trying to understand Eidi. However, as the story line progressed, I was able to understand the new story and plot that was overturning.  I think Brodil Bredsdorff wrote a fine book about the adventures that one can find and the struggles of reality and being true to oneself, despite social and societal setbacks. I thought this book was a good read for children. It is from the Notable Books for Children list.

No comments:

Post a Comment