To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Just in Case: A Trickster Tale and Spanish Alphabet Book by Yuki Morales

Morales, Y. (2008). Just In Case: A Trickster Tale and Spanish Alphabet Book (Bilingual ed.). New Milford: Roaring Brook Press.

This Pura Belpre Award book has a neat story line about a boy looking for a present. He goes through all the letters of the alphabet in search for presents. The English translation is under each letter of the alphabet present. I think some of my students would enjoy reading this book, as this bilingual book would draw interest from some of my challenged readers - seeing both Spanish and English in print may surprise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment