To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sparrow Girl by Sara Pennypacker

Pennypacker, S. (2009). Sparrow Girl. New York: Hyperion Book Ch.

I loved this book! Not only is it a wonderfully illustrated picture book, but it' very inspirational. First of all, I don't recall ever hearing about the Famine of 1958 in China, however, Sara Pennypacker, writes this story with a little twist of the facts, and teaches a lesson: By solving one problem, a bigger one may lie ahead - which is exactly what happened once all the sparrows died. I can't wait to read this to my class, I know many of them will love hearing about Ming-Li and how she saved "the world". This was one of my favorite Bluebonnet Award Nominee books that I read this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment