To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

Colfer, Eoin. Artemis Fowl (new cover). New York: Hyperion Book Ch, 2001. Print.
Artemis Fowl is on the New York Times Best-Seller list. Artemis is the main character.Eoin Colfer is a wonderful writer and grabs the reader's attention by quickly developing the plot and bringing the reader into Artemis' adventure to restore his family's wealth. The author creates a separate world inhabited by mythical creatures. After learning of this world Artemis develops a plan to exploit this world for his own benefit. Throughout the story, the author uses these mythical creatures to voice her own opinions regarding social issues. 
Since this book is about fairies and trolls and dwarfs, it was a bit more challenging for me to get into. I know this type of books is popular among the younger readers, which is why it has been on the Best Sellers list for 115 weeks. It has been compared to the Harry Potter Books in popularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment