To all my followers

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read childrens literature becuase it opens the door to explore through language.
As I publish this blog, my goal is two fold: First for myself, as I continue to explore technology, and secondly, for my classroom parents to stay informed of what's happening in our classroom.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bad News for Outlaws: The Remarkable Life of Bass Reeves, Deputy U.S. Marshal by Vaunda Nelson

Nelson, V. M. (2009). Bad News for Outlaws: The Remarkable Life of Bass Reeves, Deputy U. S. Marshal (Exceptional Social Studies
This book is written about a time when minorities struggled with equalities. Written in a time line type format, the book discusses the Tribulations and triumphs Bass Reeves faced as he fought against those who broke the law. This book is a Most Notable Childrens Award winner. It is an easy reader for those students who want to learn more about individual struggles for human rights, as well as, doing what needs to be done to make the world a better place. I personally don't like the illustrations, as they are dark and not inviting. However, they do help tell the story, and for that the reader would probably enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment